Monday, April 5, 2010

Violent cakes

Item: "Bleeding Heart Cupcakes"
Made for: Valentines Day 2010
Time they took to make: About 3 hours? Make cake mix, bake cakes, allow to cool, inject with jam & decorate. Not a huge amount longer than regular cupcakes, but a lot more bother!
Materials: Chocolate cakes, Pink food dye (for cake mix - adds to the gore), Raspberry Jam, Icing, Piping bag + 2 tips (fine tip for drawing & filling in the hearts, long tip for filling cakes with jam).

Ordinary cartoony-heart cakes except...

They bleed!
Backstory: Some of my friends were not having a very good time with their love-lives & I was cheering up one friend with the Owl cupcakes (pic coming soon...) & she was saying that the only way I could do a better job of cheering her up would be to slake her blood-lust with something violent, bloody & full of gore. So, naturally I joked about making gory cupcakes & she laughed & said those would be perfect... & then I realised that I could probably do that! So I did. And everyone loved them. They made a HUGE mess though (the jam wanted to go everywhere except in the cupcakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment