Monday, April 5, 2010

Shrug

Item: "Shrug This"
Pattern: from the book "One-Skein Wonders"
Made for: Me!
Time it took to knit: I wasn't timing it, but it was shockingly fast... about 2 hours!
Yarn: Bendigo Woolen Mills Classic "Dark Plum" #738



(Pictured here on me, photo co-starring my gorgeous niece Bridget who was (obviously) in a non-photo-posing mood at the time)


Notes: BWM Classic yarn knits up to the exact gauge & tension, so no changes needed there. This patten involves NO SEWING at all (aside from weaving in the ends which doesn't count... plus there's only 2 ends to weave in!) & it's super-amazingly-incredibly easy! The pattern looks complicated & I remember thinking "I have no idea how this is meant to work..." but it did! And it doesn't even use up 1/4 of a ball of wool (so MAXIMUM wool needed is 50g). The only catch is... it doesn't like breasts & tends to recoil from them in horror & hide in my armpits. Luckily, this is easily fixed with a small amount of Hollywood Tape/Fashion Tape (Fashion Tape comes in several shapes including curved, which works best considering where the tape goes!) & when using the tape it won't budge all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment