Monday, April 5, 2010

Fishbowl Hat

Item: "Fishbowl Baby Hat"
Pattern: from the book "Designer One-Skein Wonders".
Made for: Some baby I'm sure I will have one day.
Time it took to knit: Wasn't tracking, probably about 2 evenings or so? It took me a bit longer this time because I stuffed up the sewing-on of the top bit the first time, so I had to undo & redo it.
Yarn: Bendigo Woolen Mills Classic "Poseidon" #743.

Notes: This one doesn't photograph well... in real life the fish shape is really obvious... as is the fishbowl rim & the gravel at the bottom of the bowl & the waves at the top. Also, it doesn't really hold it's shape well on a stuffed toy, but it looks like it would be fine on a baby... not to mention the colour is WAY prettier in real life! As for the pattern, BWM Classic yarn knits to the right gauge, so no adjustments were needed. I decided on sewing the top of the bowl on with reverse-stockingette facing out, as the pattern was not specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment